HomePortalGalleryCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Largest Recall of Ground Beef Is Ordered

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr Miyagi

Male Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Largest Recall of Ground Beef Is Ordered   Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:18 pm

A California meat company on Sunday issued the largest beef recall in history, 143 million pounds, some of which was used in school lunch programs, Department of Agriculture officials announced. The recall by the Westland/Hallmark Meat Company, based in Chino, Calif., comes after a widening animal-abuse scandal that started after the Humane Society of the United States distributed an undercover video on Jan. 30 that showed workers kicking sick cows and using forklifts to force them to walk.

The rest here: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/18/business/18recall.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

I've seen some of the videos on TV and it makes me sick. I eat a lot of meat and never really pay that much attention to how we actually get the meat...ugh. Sad It's making me feel so bad about it that I'm considering to not meat anymore. It's just really sick to think about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose Blossom
Site Owner

Female Number of posts : 1206
Job/hobbies : Too many
Humor : Heck yeah!

PostSubject: Re: Largest Recall of Ground Beef Is Ordered   Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:22 pm

I saw something about Mad Cow Disease in the article. There is a govt. lab on Plum Island, not far from me, that studies that disease among other things. I heard it is so bad, the workers need to shower when they arrive and change clothes and then shower again before going home and are changing their clothes. I think it may be contracted by humans or cause humans to get other really life threatening diseases. like Gilliam Gambray (sp)Syndrome.

I digress, I think there should be a better law and more inspectors, so this doesn't happen, I see this all the time here in the news. guns

Last edited by Rose Blossom on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tss-forums.forummotion.com
Mr Miyagi

Male Number of posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: Largest Recall of Ground Beef Is Ordered   Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:37 pm

I don't think it will ever get any better. The more humans being brought into the world = more beef consumption. Which will lead to more of this type of garbage taking place just to meet demands for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose Blossom
Site Owner

Female Number of posts : 1206
Job/hobbies : Too many
Humor : Heck yeah!

PostSubject: Re: Largest Recall of Ground Beef Is Ordered   Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:24 pm

I love hamburgers and now I am afraid to eat them, that beef story is still in the news. I heard about chickens a while back, I think we should go back to killing and eating our own meat, like in the old days. Shocked/Huh
Come to think of it, goose, deer, duck, pheasant, quail, rabbit and turtle were just a few of the many meat/poultry products that I have enjoyed in the past. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tss-forums.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Largest Recall of Ground Beef Is Ordered   

Back to top Go down

Largest Recall of Ground Beef Is Ordered
Page 1 of 1