TSS -Things, Stuff & Such
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something for Everyone!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things about Obama that scare me

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Knight Templar
Head Administrator
Knight Templar

Male Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Things about Obama that scare me Empty
PostSubject: Things about Obama that scare me   Things about Obama that scare me Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Mind you, all of the candidates for office this time scare me in some way, but as far as the future of America goes and the military (which if you haven't noticed already, I am an AVID supporter of), Obama scares me to death.

1)
If you haven't seen it, I recommend you give this Obama video 60 seconds of your time.

What Obama wants to do with the U.S. military in his own words. Just punch on this
YOU Tube piece below.

2)
Obama explains National Anthem Stance On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:48:04 -0400, "LTG Bill Ginn" USAF ret forwarded:

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,"

Obama said. "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem it self conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it."

Things about Obama that scare me Harkin_steak_fry_08

3)
His wife (yes, I know it isn't him, but still says a great deal about him) stated recently “For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country.” I guess liberating Europe, saving untold lives with foreign aid, protecting democracy, etc, just don't count as much as almost nominating her husband.

So, we have a pacifist wanting to be the commander in chief of our military, and someone who doesn't care about U.S. history, or the U.S. in general it seems, and who, along with his wife, is ashamed to be an American, wanting to run the country. That just scares me to death.
Back to top Go down
http://www.military-power.net
Rose Blossom
Site Owner
Rose Blossom

Female Number of posts : 1206
Job/hobbies : Too many
Humor : Heck yeah!
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Things about Obama that scare me   Things about Obama that scare me Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:53 am

AMEN!

I always had a "bad" feeling about Obama, even before he tossed his hat in the ring for presidential nominee. There was always something I couldn't quite wrap my brain around, but, I knew there was just something wrong with the man. Things he did and said didn't quite "jive." Interogation

As for his weak excuse for not wearing the flag pin or saluting the American flag, its just that......a weak excuse. bs

I could say more, but, I will refrain. No Comment
Back to top Go down
https://tss-forums.forummotion.com
Knight Templar
Head Administrator
Knight Templar

Male Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Things about Obama that scare me   Things about Obama that scare me Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 10:20 am

Quote :
The New Yorker's Washington correspondent has been denied a press place on Barack Obama's tour of the Middle East and Europe after the magazine depicted the presidential candidate as a terrorist on its cover.

The Obama camp said there was not enough room on the aircraft but the move is being seen as a snub to the magazine.

Obama's aides were angered last week by the cartoon, which showed the presidential candidate and his wife, Michelle, in a "terrorist" fist-bumping gesture. The magazine said it was intended as a satire of right-wing rumours against Obama.

"The New Yorker may think, as one of their staff explained to us, that their cover is a satirical lampoon of the caricature Senator Obama's right-wing critics have tried to create," the Obama team said. "But most readers will see it as tasteless and offensive. And we agree."

Obama later brushed off the cartoon, used to illustrate an investigation into his political rise in Chicago, as a poor satire.

The article's author, Ryan Lizza, would have expected to secure one of the 40 press places on Obama's tour this week but was told no space was available.

Writing on the Huffington Post, media blogger Rachel Sklar said: "So it's gonna be like that, is it? Retribution for unfavourable coverage is a chilling thing to contemplate."

Larry Johnson, a former CIA officer and Hillary Clinton supporter, accused the Obama campaign of "engaging in a nasty little act of getting even".

Journalist Ryan Tate, blogging on Gawker, said: "It's hard to see the snub as anything other than payback. His people had to know what signal it would send to exclude the magazine so soon after the cover flap."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jul/21/usa

So much for the First Amendment (just imagine how much worse it will be if he wins).
Back to top Go down
http://www.military-power.net
Hook
Silver TSS Member
Silver TSS Member
Hook

Male Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Things about Obama that scare me   Things about Obama that scare me Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:28 pm

Yeah, a very weak excuse not to honor the anthem!
He completely MISSES the point of that song!!!
Wing - right Over his head!
The whole song is about Holding Up under "war" conditions or anything else that tries to take the USA down and NOT about being "warlike" at all!!!
What an airhead!
Back to top Go down
http://www.forumdirectory.freeforums.org
Princess
Silver TSS Member
Silver TSS Member
Princess

Female Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Things about Obama that scare me   Things about Obama that scare me Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:07 pm

When I think about the National Anthem, I almost always get tears in my eyes. It's definitely not glorifying war. Francis Scott Key knew that if that flag wasn't there at dawn--he was no longer an American citizen, but once again, a British subject. The young country that he had grown to know an love would be no more. The ideals that caused George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Ben Franklin would be discarded like last weeks trash.
Our country was under assault then--as it is now--and we should be just as thankful as Francis Scott Key that the Star Spangled Banner in Triumph still waves--o'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave.....
Back to top Go down
http://coffeeshoppe.freeforums.org/portal.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things about Obama that scare me   Things about Obama that scare me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things about Obama that scare me
Page 1 of 1